and to any communications that you may have with our consultants via Email, Live Chat, Facebook Messenger, all Social Media Mediums, in person on the telephone, or through a third or intermediaryparty such as a Travel Agent or Operator.
or by mail to Monarch Pursuits, 60 Cashel Street, Christchurch 8013, New Zealand – Attn: Privacy.
If you reside in the European Union (“EU”), United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway, Iceland or Switzerland, you may have additional rights with respect to your Personal Data, as further outlined below. These rights may include rights under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), if you are a resident of the EU, United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway or Iceland.
COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your Personal Data is collected directly through communication with Monarch and associated Tour Operators or Agents and is stored and used solely for the purpose of managing your travel bookings. The Personal Data collected and stored is:
- Your Name (first and last)
- A contact email address for you
- Your country of residence
- A contact telephone number for you
- Your Skype contact
- The travel product you have booked or are enquiring about including the number of people you will travel with, in some cases the names of the other people you will travel with, your date or birth or age, the date of your travel, and the price of the travel product.
- Any add-on experiences and accommodation you require
- Any special travel requirements that you may provide voluntarily such as dietary requirements, fitness levels, medical conditions.
Monarch servers and your data is processed in New Zealand.
South Inc Ltd
: South Inc provides Monarch with the Chimbra CRM software which we use to track your travel enquiries and interactions with us via email, phone and website enquiries. Information that you fill in on our Website via forms are stored in Chimbra for the purpose of us providing a better service to you by knowing your travel requirements and preferences when you provide them to us, and for better managing our business by knowing how many customers and enquiries we have at any one time. We will use this Personal Data for contacting you about your travel requirements based on the information you provide us. The information collected by Chimbra varies from form to form on our Website but includes:
- Your full name (first and last)
- A contact email address for you
- A contact phone number for you
- Any voluntary messages you send to us
- Any email communication between us
- The webpage (and the travel product being displayed on that webpage on our Website) from which the form was completed
- Any add-on experiences and accommodation your require
- That you have subscribed to our newsletter
Birdseed Live Chat Functionality
: On our Website we have a Live Chat and Scheduling widget which will ask you for your name and email address, phone number when communicating with us. This Personal Data is accessed via the Birdseed web and mobile applications. We may manually move this Personal Data into our CRM.
: Communication on Facebook is available through the Facebook Messenger app. Facebook collects your interaction with this application via cookies, unique identifiers for advertising, and usage data. Your personal privacy settings within Facebook determine if any information is available for us to view, however, we do not collect any data in this regard.
: Monarch manually transfers your name and email address to our Shoutout @ Chimbra account for sending newsletters in the event that you have signed up and opted-in to our Newsletter Service. All newsletters contain an unsubscribe function.
We display content from other external platforms on our website that may collect non-personal identification information about your usage whenever you interact with our Website. Non-personal identification information may include, but is not limited to, the browser name, operating system, IP address, versions, the type of computer and other technical information about your device and software. You are advised to consult the Privacy Policies of these services independently. These are:
Google and Facebook Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools, Google Fonts, Google Maps and Vimeo Video Widget, Google Adwords, Facebook Advertising Platform, DoubleClick for Advertisers, Facebook Custom Audience, Google Tag Manager, Sitehost and Cloudflare.
More information on how this data is collected in available in Our Cookies Policy
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Monarch NZ SHARES your Personal Data with the travel operators / agents that you make travel reservations with us via all mediums including our website, email interactions between you and our reservations consultants, and telephone. The Personal Data is used for the purpose of providing you with your travel itinerary and is the full extent of the data that you provide us as outlined above.
Monarch does not share your Personal Data beyond the requirements of providing the services related to your travel arrangements.
OUR USAGE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Without the above prescribed Personal Data we would be unable to provide you with the Services you request. Above and beyond making the necessary travel reservations on your behalf, we use your Personal Data to:
- Improve our customer service to you. Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service enquiries and support needs more efficiently;
- Personalise the response our reservations consultants provide to you. Your data helps us to ensure that we are providing you the best possible travel advice and information to match your requirements;
- Improve our Service. We may use feedback you provide to improve our Services. We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Customers as a group use our Website and all channels of communication. We use it to diagnose and fix problems you might have while using the Website;
- Process payments. We may use the information you provide when making a travel reservation to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service as outlined above.
- Comply with accounting and legal legislation. In some cases we use your data to invoice you, keep you in our accounting system or in the legal archives as needed by the law.
- Honour our contractual commitments to you: Much of our processing of Personal Data is to meet our contractual obligations to you to provide our Services.
- Inform you of new products, promotions, travel news and advice, surveys or other company improvement or training activities. We send you information you agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to you.
- Send periodic emails. We may use the email address you provide to send you information and updates pertaining to travel Services on our Website. Your email address will also be used to respond to your enquiries, questions, send you travel booking confirmations, and/or other requests. We may use the email address you provide to send you emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We do everything possible to protect your data. This includes but is not limited to HTTPS/SSL, SSH and other encryption protocols for data access. Sensitive and private data exchange between our Website and any Third Party solutions as detailed above happens mostly over a HTTPS/SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital encryption keys. Our servers are protected by firewalls. The payment processing provided by Website Travel as outlined above is in compliance with PCI vulnerability standards in order to create as secure of an environment as possible for you. We adopt appropriate data protection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your Personal Data, passwords if any, transaction information, any content and data stored on our servers. However, no security or encryption method can be guaranteed to protect information from hackers or human error, so our Services are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. Nonetheless we do our very best to make sure your data is and remains 100% confidential.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
You have the right to object to the processing and collection of your personal data, and to withdraw your consent at any time, except where otherwise determined by applicable law. Please understand that removing yourself from our databases may jeopardise our ability to provide you with your requested travel Services.
You can unsubscribe from e-mails from Monarch by using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our communications or by notifying us in person via email at email@example.com
. Please keep in mind that the e-mail unsubscribe settings only apply to the Website which you unsubscribe to if you are receiving from more than one of our associated Website.
You can request at any time the export and provision to you of the Personal Data we hold on you and/or the deletion of your Personal Data from all our systems. For your protection we may take steps to verify your identity before providing you the requested information. Please note that there may be elements of your Personal Data that we must retain for a period of time following your request for deletion based on accounting and legal legislation.
AND OF COURSE YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS
By making travel enquiries and travel reservations on our Website and on the other channels such as Birdseed, Facebook Messenger, phone and email you are accepting this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please immediately stop using our Services and request deletion of your data. Your continued use of the Service following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.